Monday, January 14, 2013

"Morning Coffee" ---#12

6"x6" oil on canvas
"Morning Coffee" painting number 12 and I think it's a first. Not my first cup of coffee, but I think it's my first painting done exclusively with paint knives. Quite a few of the painters doing the 30 paintings in 30 days have set up challenges for themselves. I didn't really want to set myself up, but after seeing a lot of great painting with knives, I thought go for it. The fact that I've been wanting to give paint knives a try and I kept putting it off thinking, maybe I'll take a class, then, I decided, just like anything, I'm sure it's about repetition.

I always tell the painters I'm teaching, the way to get better at painting is practice. I'm gonna practice what I'm preaching! And continue practicing with the paint knife.

Here are some of the painters with their paintings from last Saturday's Cookies and Canvas class.
A few of the painters and their paintings. 
Emma and her painting of "Daisy". Yes, I encouraged naming the muddy pups!
Emma added a butterfly, a lot of flowers and a bow.
Kenzie and Janell with their puppies. Love the clouds, the birds and the ears.
My friend Connie Nobbe and her daughter Alyssa sat in on the class.  Connie did a painting and wrote about the experience on her blog.  She said some pretty nice things about the class. Thanks Connie! If you get a chance take a look here!

-JanettMarie



6 comments:

myra anderson said...

i love, love, love, love, love it! oh and did i say i love it?

joanieART said...

Having fun following all you 30-dayers. I was reworking my website so couldn't start on time. Absolutely LOVE this one JM. Paint On!

R. Delight said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog post. I love your bold colorful paintings. They look so joyful and I can see that you take a lot of joy in what you do. Thanks for stopping by and giving me a chance to get to know you!

hmuxo said...

Love the colors and texture!!!

Connie Nobbe said...

We loved our time in your class! You are a very sweet teacher. The kids were all very good and listened to you whenever you spoke and demonstrated.

Giving them permission to use their artistic license is something they can always remember and be liberated by.

You inspire me all the time!

JanettMarie said...

Thanks you all, for making me smile. : )